ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 08:59:58 -0600
Marriage is not love, marriage is a covenant, a vow because two love each
other. Because our love is a conditional one here on earth, we can cause it
to wain in a relationship, it is so important to learn to forgive, to look
past the immediate situation, and for each involved in it to do as God has
said... here we go unpopular as it is... "husbands love your wifes, wifes
submit to your husbands". Love does not equate just the physical act of
love, or the dreamy feeling of emotion no more than submission means to be
a personal slave. Love means to please, to do all you can to make her feel
secure, protected, and meet her needs. As well submission is a gift of the
wife to express your feelings and thoughts but when push comes to shove
someone needs to give in and let another take responsibilities. When it
becomes a real problem when a husband does  not take that role. There have
been many times in situations in life where my wife has said... "you are
the head of the house... this is your baby". lol. Thanks hun. You'd be
amazed at how well things work when it comes to that point... it was not
always that way in our marriage. My wife by default is a take action person
and it truly a gift of hers to not take immediate action and give it to me
to consider and do as I'm directed. Her submission to me is  obedience to
God and by default a gift to me, as well my love and all it consumes, of
her. Too many people understand "submission" to be a position of saying
"uncle", of feeling weak and pinned down as  two siblings might do messing
around on a living room rug. It is not about saying "uncle" but rather
following god's will in a marriage. Neither ought the man be so foolish is
to not accept the leading of  his wife at times. Being a leader does not
equate knowing it all about everything, but rather the security and
leadership to allow others that know more about something to take the reins
with the guidance of the leader.

Brad