ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2006 22:56:56 -0500
I talked to Andy's fiance, who  now is serving as his guardian. She said
he is doing fabulous. She took him to WalMart the other day and he was
excited to go. She thought it cute that he'd be happy to go to WalMart
lol. They are doing an assessment on him Tuesday and making some
determinations of how long he'll be at this facility. He is doing so well
that they're going to move him into the area of the more advanced folks
who are nearing returning home. He is a bit slow in getting his thoughts
out and can jump his thoughts with mouth but then catches himself and
starts over. Unfortunately they allowed him to smoke. I thought he had
recently quit but they just told Andy that in hopes he would stop asking
for them lol. I've got his number to get in touch with him and will call
him maybe tomorrow and visit a bit over the phone. His fiance said he'll
be able to go home for weekend visits in a couple three weeks. They talked
about a camping trip the facility is planning on for the patients in
October which Andy was keen on, but I don't think he'll be there then
myself. So he is continuing to blow everyone away with his progress and so
far he doesn't seem to have any memory loss other than perhaps the
accident itself. Thank you for your continued prayers.

Brad