ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2006 17:53:40 -0700
John,

I'll keep that in mind if I need the text.  I have a couple of friends that
really watch dogs stuff like this and I also heard a multi part sermon
teaching on radio from a local Denver pastor.  He went through the whole 40
day program himself, studied all the materials, and then preached in his
church the problems he found.  It was a great series and highly researched.
If people knew half the stuff Rick Warren was both doing and teaching, and
who he was having in his church as guest speakers to promote his program,
they'd drop him like a hot potato.  You will discover, over the months, a
greater shift away from the Gospel by Rick Warren ministries, too.  There is
another good article called the Porpoise Driven Life.  Just do a google for
that title and it will pop up.  It is very good, too, and so are those two
guys running that website.  I forget the direct URL to their site right off
the top of my head but that title in a search will bring it up first thing.

Phil.