ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 08:38:39 -0500
Phil,
         Your words are an affirmation to me of what I've already been
thinking.  In fact, I've wondered if the main reason that chris is most
angry at us is, not only because we're safe, but because he knows that we
know his fears and flaws and he can't pretend around us.  We know the truth
and love him anyway. Funny, you would think that that would be a relief to
him, but, I guess for now at least, it's not.
          I too have a lot of concerns if medicine is introduced.  Partly,
I just don't like the idea, but also, I don't see Chris as being very
reliable or cooperative with medical treatments.  I think that he could
turn it into a power struggle and you don't want to mess around with
chemicals like that.  You could end up making the situation worse.  He
won't admit that he has a problem.  He tells everybody that his problem is
us.  You should hear his justification for illegal drugs!  Amazing!
         The most amazing part of all this to me is that the place that I
like to pray now, the most, is in Chris's room.  I started praying there
before he left, but that has become the place where I feel closest to
God.  I never expected that, but then, it has become a kind of war room in
which God and I have become partners, so what else could I expect.
         Phil, if I could find a way to get Chris to talk to you, I
would.  I know that this is more a spiritual battle than anything else.  I
just pray that they recognize that in Cromwell as well.  I am curious about
one thing.  I remember you talking about your stay in the hospital when you
really handed Gretchen over to the Lord.  What was different about that
time than earlier.  I feel that we've handed Chris over to the Lord too,
but with him not being an adult yet, we are still held responsible by
law.  I have a hard time, at times defining what I'm still supposed to be
doing as a parent and what I should hand over to God.  Of course, since
Chris isn't an adult yet, I imagine that when he turns 18 I'll just be able
to turn him loose and let the chips fall where they may, but since I
haven't crossed that bridge yet, I already know that I probably have no
clue of what I'm talking about.
God bless,
Kathy