ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:02:03 -0500
Cindy,

Praying.  I am one who doesn't remember dreams much. In a way I kind of
miss that, dreams can be like little movies which are quite entertaining
later *smile* However, nightmares are quite different in that regard.
There has only been a few times in life where I was bothered by a powerful
dream or a nightmare. Once however, I know was a direct intervention of
the enemy. I had been studying much on healing and how it related to the
Word, and thus very much in the Word, contemplating it and just soaking it
up. One night I had this dream, it was not much of a dream really as far
as eventfulness goes, but it was so much almost conscious and not
subconscious or unconscious, that it seemed almost another realm. I might
say I am not one to make a spiritual hobby to over turn rocks in my life
looking for devils scurrying about like centipedes when their cover is
blown, but I know we do fight against powers not human, and when they show
up, I'll deal with them. This dream was only that of my bedroom, from the
vantage point of right were I lay sleeping. The room was a dull gray
similar to a strong moonlit night, and I was staring at my door. As if
waiting for something to come bursting through, and all I could see was a
glowing orangish glow about the size of a football, about head level and
it would fade on and fade out, fade on and fade out. No monster or
horrible thing, but a very Erie spiritual presence accompanied this dream.
In my dream I lay there in much anxiety and afraid. Then  it was gone. A
night or two later, the same exact dream, a mirror image of the first
dream. Which is really unusual for me, I've never had repeat dreams as
such. A night or two later again the very same dream, again a mirror image
of the first two. The only difference in the last one was in my dream, I
was so fed up with this looming spiritual presence interrupting my sleep
and so forth, that I  just wanted this mystery presence to be confronted
and let's get on with it if there is anything to get on with. Showdown
time. I remember in my dream, I slowly sat up from a dead lay down
position and swinging my fists at the glowing light as if it were one of
those little punching bags boxers use for timing and speed training. All
the while I commanded in the name of Jesus Christ to be gone and leave me
and not return. In my dream I  just laid it right out for the presence and
was not bothered again by it. Now if I recall proper, which since I'm over
forty now, I may not recall just perfectly anymore hahaha, I believe I
prayed about it before turning in for the night that night and other
nights and asked for God's help. He gave me the spontaneous where with all
in my dream to rebuke it while yet in dream. Perhaps God will or will not
do that, but point is to pray for God to intervene and protect your sleep
and give you knowledge, wisdom and understanding in what to do at the
time.

Brad