ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:02:17 -0700
Boy, Rhonda,

You've got some good questions.  You said,

so could Jesus as man told God or rather commanded "take this cup from me"
instead of praying "your will be done"

I believe the answer is no because Jesus had come to earth with a mission to
save the lost.  What we so graphically are witnessing in the passages
telling us about the Lord just before the cross, is a human being who is
both God and man at the same time.  The human part of Jesus was under
Titanic demonic attack.  Satan brought as much as he could to the garden
that night to try and kill Jesus before going to the cross.  If Satan could
have done that, Jesus could not have been our Savior.  Angels had to come
and minister to our Lord afterward because it was two worlds at war, that
is, the spiritual and natural, or the Holy and the unholy.

Concerning commanding God, we view the utterance of a command totally
different than God sees it.  If you study carefully Isaiah 45:11-12, you
will discover the word for command in the King James is literally translated
as command.  In fact, verse 12 clearly tells us how God expects His children
to pray to Him and that is the same way He created all things.  That is,
with words.  Whose words?  His own Words.  How do we know when to use His
Words to command Him?  You best be involved in a very close prayer
relationship through the Holy Spirit if you want your commands to work.  In
short, the way you know what to pray is, first, you have to know His will.
That makes things confusing at the moment but future notes will explain this
concept of God's will.  Secondly, even if you feel that you know God's will
about something, you better also have a sound working, I'm using the word
working very carefully here, relationship with the Holy Spirit regarding the
authority we have on earth through Christ.  If the authority isn't behind
what you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart, your commands
won't make it to the ceiling of the room.

I believe you are correct about why Jesus did not turn stones into bread for
Satan amusement.  You see, Jesus was already the eternal Bread of life.  Why
should He do anything the Enemy asks Him to do.  Jesus could have sneezed
and blown the Enemy out of the universe but He stood His ground.  Why?  For
us and to prove we could do exactly as He did and quenching every fiery dart
of the wicked at the same time.

Phil.
I flew Kites With Jesus
www.safeplacefellowship.com