ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:54:30 -0400
HI  Guys,
        Well, I thought that I'd let you know that Chris has had his day in
court.  Three of the five charges against him were dropped and the felony
charge involving the knife was reduced to a misdemeanor.  they simply
removed the part about the use of a knife.  Chris has six months probation,
in our custody,  with 30 days suspended sentence hanging over his head if
he blows it.  I guess that I have to take what I can get.  The part that
hurts the worst, for me, is that all the charges against me were
dropped.  I would think that choking your mother is worse than throwing a
tomato at your father, but that's the way it is.  I'm just having to pray
my way through all of this.  I have been  the  target of the majority of
chris's anger ever since he turned 13 and now, to have the charges dropped
again, just feels so dehumanizing to me.  I know that God has seen it all
and I know that He loves me and that there is a purpose in all of this, but
I'm pretty down right now.
        Also, chris did pass his drivers test yesterday so we now have a whole new
series of battles before us.  I don't really feel like saying more now, but
thanks, as always, for the prayers.
Kathy