ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 24 Jul 2005 04:54:35 -0400
I heard once that forgetfulness was a sure sign forgiving has occurred.  I
can tell you for a parent who only wants the best and to protect their
children when first confronted with the situation it is something which is
enormously traumatic.  I know I will never forget the first 9 words my
daughter said to me after I asked her why she was late coming home from her
friends house.  They were these:  "I lost my dolls hat, and I was raped."
It was hard for me to allow her to grow up as an ordinary teenager after
that.  I was very sheltering and perhaps a little over protective.  Thank
goodness despite that she has grown up to be an exceptionally good girl of
whom I am extremely proud.  Oh by the way, my son is being an extremely good
son these days.  He fixed the leak in my roof this morning and did some
school work before going out fishing with his friends.