ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 23:36:37 -0700
This morning, my son and I took Gretchen to a church ministry.  We spoke
with one of the workers for a few minutes until the ministry director got
out of a meeting and came to see us.  The women's home was not on the church
property but he said he would take Gretchen to the home and introduce her to
all the women there.  Gretchen hugged Everett and I goodbye and I told her,
"Gretchen, this is a Christian place.  They understand and you will be
fine."  All the workers or x addicts themselves including the pastor of the
church, who was a heroin addict, and the director I spoke with this morning
was an addict at age 15 and had already been to other rehab centers and got
no help at all.  He said, the second he walked through the door of this
place, he knew this was it for him because he could feel the presence of the
Lord.  He said, he, or one of his workers, will take Gretchen to her meeting
the 17th of March to see if they can convince the case officer she is
trying.  We are going to the church services at this church tomorrow so
likely will see Gretchen tomorrow.  All we can do is pray she stays.  I
think I have reported on some of this already but at my age, you are allowed
to repeat yourself.

Phil.