ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 23:13:48 -0600
Virgie,

That's great.  Years ago I suddenly became ill.  I felt like I was getting
the stomach flue.  I finally went into the bathroom to up chuck and there on
my knees, starting to heave, as it were, I called out loudly, "Jesus!"  That
was the only thing I could speak at that second.  I suddenly felt my stomach
settle and nothing happened, that is, I didn't vomit.  I went back out of my
office to work and for an hour, a voice in my thoughts, sort of, kept
saying, it won't last.  I kept rebuking that voice and claiming I was healed
by the stripes of Jesus.  Within an hour, I never had any more symptoms.  No
one can tell me that just the name of Jesus doesn't work.  Sure, I have been
sick hundreds of times since that day, not to mention even things in recent
weeks with my back.  I still seek Jesus in each situation, though, and maybe
tomorrow, I will post to the list what happened concerning my back pain when
I began to amend Wednesday.  It is quite miraculous.  Something spiritually
unusual happened to me during these weeks of perpetual back pain that I'll
tell about later.

Phil.