ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 14:49:20 -0600
     We lived on a side street with very little traffic.
Additionally, it was slightly sloped down and away from our
house.  Consequently, it was a great place for riding bikes and
sledding in the winter.

     One day, when I was probably 8 years old, I walked out on to
the street in the summer time.  I stopped just as I step into the
road.  There was no traffic coming from either direction.  As I
stood there, I suddenly realize that the very street I was
standing on could take me to any place I might want to go in the
United states.  Why?  Because the street in front of my house was
interconnected to every street and road in America.  If I
followed the streets, I could go anywhere.  Plus, standing on my
street connected me to every street in the country.

     Perhaps that is you today.  You are wondering just where you
are in God.  Well, if you are born again, you are on a road that
God built and that road interconnects through a series of life
experiences.  Regardless of where you are, that road is taking you
to the final destination which Jesus has prepared for us.  In
short, you are connected to the Body of Christ all over the world
right now.  Some people you have never met are praying for you.
People that God has planned for you to meet one day will cross
your street and you will become close friends.  It may seem as
though we are lost at times, too, but the Holy Spirit is keenly
familiar with all the twists and turns up ahead and He will direct
your paths if you acknowledge Him throughout your journey.  He
also knows the destination.  It isn't as far as you think.  Just
stay on the road and look up.

Phil.

I Flew Kites With Jesus
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com