ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 05:51:05 -0800
It truly is a puzzler isn't it.  I guess that sort of screws up the idea of
being eternally save doesn't it.  My sister is a Baptist and that is what
she believes.  If Jesus knew Judas would never attain salvation why then did
he make him a disciple in the first place.  God certainly could have sent
him help during his depression to cause him to live and see the rising of
Our Lord and receive salvation?  Perhaps he was predestined as was the
Jesus' mother for this fate.  She was predestined after all.  However as
they didn't fully realize their positions in the greater scheme of things,
well, perhaps Mary did, we don't understand our own predestony.  Another
question to ponder.  If Judas was predestined to fall and to fail then he
truly had no choice which causes him to even be a more sorrowful character.