ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 16:08:26 -0700
A Missionary came today to the church we attend, where Gretchen was helped,
who has been all over the world at times.  He went 9 months ago from the
Philippines to Indonesia where he helps pastor over 55 people.  The country
is 99.9 percent Moslem and the pastor of the church where this man assists
has been arrested 15 times for preaching the Gospel.  It is against the Law
there to even hand out a flier or Gospel track.  Wonderful place to be a
Christian.  Family members even kill their own family members if they hear
they have converted to Christianity.  The man never raised his voice once.
He had the driest sense of humor I have ever seen and it was even worse than
mine.  He sure was funny, too.  He preached, on all things, of the
importance and necessity of Lordship and if you won't walk in total
Lordship, you get only your own works for a reward in every day life.
Sounds sort of serious to me but then what do I know.

Phil.