ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
vinny samarco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 00:39:23 -0800
Hi Phil and Everyone,
    What is my purpose in life?  A difficult question, for sure.  After
trying to walk with the Lord for the last 35 years, I still ask myself this
question, after all the changes the Lord has made in my life.

Here are a few general things, as I think of them.
1.  After making Jesus Lord of your life, our only purpose should be to
hear, and act on what He says.
2.  we should not be one person in church and another person out of church.
Our "spiritual and secular lives should be the same.
3.  We all have various callings from the Lord.  These may be kind of a
sub-heading under our purpose.  For example:  At this time, my calling is in
leading praise and worship, including teaching and encouraging others who
may have similar callings.  This can't be my total focus.  I have been
learning this hard lesson ever since our music school closed three years
ago.  My calling cannot interfere with, or become my total focus, so that
that becomes my purpose.  My gifts and callings must be submitted to Jesus
so that He directs how and when they are used, or if they are used at all.
I should be able to fully function in the Kingdom of God, whether or not I
am moving in my calling.  My purpose should always be the same, no matter if
I am moving in what I consider to be my calling.
 again, let me sum up my purpose.  It is to Love the Lord with all my heart,
soul, mind and strength, and my neighbor as myself, to give him every area
of my life and also my relationships and my possessions, in order to be His
disciple.

    Even if we all word these things differently, don't we all have the same
purpose in life?
Vinny