ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 May 2006 10:48:55 -0600
Sandy and I are once again considering making Gretchen move out.  Her lying,
along with her life style, is becoming a problem again.  She has had three
bad drug tests so they have put her back into a drug rehab program which are
just classes she has to attend each week.  Plus she has to pay for the
classes.  Recently, Sandy and I were going to go out to eat with John and
Vicki.  My youngest son had given us a 40 dollar gift certificate so we all
were going to go to a particular restaurant.  I knew exactly were the gift
card was but when we found it, the little plastic credit card was gone from
the gift card.  I took everything out of the drawer and my grandson even
helped.  It was not in the drawer.  My son, when he gave it to me, saw me
put it into that drawer, too, so it appears it was taken.  These sorts of
things happen all the time when Gretchen is around.  The problem of asking
Gretchen to move is that we will lose her 500 dollars a month rent.  I had a
talk with Gretchen a week ago but it hasn't changed anything.  So, I am
going to talk to her again this weekend but I am not looking forward to it.
Gretchen is also living, off and on, with a non Christian guy she used to do
drugs with but she claims he is clean now.  Sure and a chicken has lips,
too, as my mother in law used to say.  Since we still have legal
guardianship of our 10 year old grandson, Gretchen's oldest boy, I refuse to
allow him to go to this guys apartment.  Gretchen was told this.  Thursday
night, she told me she was taking the boys to a nearby park.  Two hours
later, we found out Gretchen was at her boyfriend's apartment with her two
boys and we made her bring Everett home.  I talked to her yesterday about it
and she lied and said I never told her she couldn't take him to Mike's.  I
am totally wore out from her lies.  She claims she has now been clean for 5
to 6 weeks.  That's great, if it is true, and it might be because they test
her at the drug classes each week.  Regardless, I am beginning to wonder if
some of our financial problems aren't literally because darkness is trying
to live in my house of light.  So your prayers that we do what's right about
all this will be appreciated.

Phil.

Has He Ever Crossed Your Mind?
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com