ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ned Benton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 08:21:01 -0400
Kathy,
I can identify with your Lizzie.  My mom and dad both died and were promoted
to heaven, my dad in 1981 and my mom in 1989.  I loved my dad and was
blessed to have a part in leading him to the Lord but my mother and I wre
very close all my life.  I still miss them both.  Often, I get very homesick
to see them and especially my mom.  Always, whne I was down, under pressure
or just needed someone I would call my mom.  No matter what the problem, it
just seemed to go away or to lighten up when I talked to my mom.  It wasn'at
that she offered advise or that she supported in whatever situation, no, it
was just the sound of her voice: just talking to her that made the
difference.  When those times come now, I think, "If only I could call
Mamma".
Why can't we long to hear the voice of God like we long to hear the voices
of our loved ones?  We can!  Let's do it!

Ned