ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2014 16:14:37 +0200
Hello to all

I have been off line for a while and want to explain what has happened in my
life over the last month and a half.

I'm back at the flat after more than 5 weeks away. I had a week's planned
holiday in the Cape to celebrate my grandfather's 81th birthday on Feb 17. I
stayed with a second cousin and it was so-o wonderful. The family treated me
so well and we had a good time. I was also able to see my father. He's
balancing better in the wheelchair, tries to walk short distances, able to
eat with a spoon and can say my name now - for the first time since the
stroke. I was also touched when he saw me get up and moved his feet so I
could walk between his chair and the coffee table. It's still a long road
back to full recovery attending the physical, water and speech therapy, but
there's progress and hope. My mother is about the same and finds it hard to
deal with the reality. I wasn't the only one visiting their house that day
so there weren't any private conversations.

I couldn't come back to the flat and had to stay with a friend for more than
4 weeks. We had heavy rain in my absense. The roof leaks, therefore the
ceiling caved in and the electricity and wiring isn't up to standard.

Now that I'm at the flat I have more than 4000 emails to sort through. I am
still trying to catch up on email as the cellphone service was so slow in
the area where my friend lives. I kept being disconnected and nothing would
download for me.

My guide dog Cayla's not adjusting all that well to the route we have to
walk. She also wakes me several times during the night - to do a business
outside. She's taking antibiotics for an intestinal virus. She's very lively
and gets bored very easily indoors. She loved the stay on my friend's farm
and played outside most of the time. I'm a bit concerned that she might have
been placed out too young and don't know how she'll shape up. She'll be 2 in
June.  The guide dog school will send a trainer to work with us again.

The owners of the flat where I live aren't believers and treat me less than
desirable. They always find excuses why the roof can't be properly fixed or
replaced. I pray for a new place to live which will be safe and fit into my
small budget.

Now I apologise for this lengthy message and would appreciate your prayers
for my situation.

Thanks for reading
Coco