ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 19:06:33 -0600
Hi Cecil and all,

Personally, I wouldn't think that church hopping would be real comfortable.
We attend a friend's church for a singing when we can but it's only once a
month at the very most and I don't even feel comfortable with that.
They are one of those churches which is poor and they have to take up a
collection to keep the lights on.
They do this on the singing nights though and I think that is rude because
that's when people might visit who have nothing to do with the church most
times.
They are one of those who make you feel like you are being whipped into a
frenzy right up until the point that they pass the plate too and I think
that is wrong.
If you have to put on a big show about it because it makes you uncomfortable
to ask for money then don't do it I say.
You can hold church in your house if you just have to have your own church
to lead.
We have visited other churches as well.
For instance, my wife's grandparent's church on their anniversary and my
mom's on Easter or something and you just feel out of place.
Ya don't know anyone usually and if you do, you are not used to going to
church with them.
We are known at our church and we are comfortable with how things are done.

Matt