ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 00:56:06 -0500
I see nothing wrong with Christian counsel, but shouldn't a person ask
God first, I guess we feel so inadequate, and others seem so smart, so
capable of knowing just what we should and should not do.
But we forget that they are only human just like us, no one perfect,
this pastor used to say if you had a problem in marriage you could ask
him or his wife, because they had a perfect marriage.  He insisted that
I would not be having problems in my marriage if I would only become the
wife God wanted me to be.  Apparently speaking my opinion was not what
God wanted, he quoted a verse about a quiet spirit, and winning them
with our a word.
I read a very cute book once called You Shall know the truth and the
truth shall see you free, but first it will make you mad!
this fellow was always right, those who did not agree, or see the vision
he saw should just leave.
If you weren't for him, then you were against him.  I have since written
this man explaining my concerns and telling him of the things that were
good at that local fellowship.
Nothing is all bad, but when you constantly just push people out of your
life because they want line up with your demands, what do you have but a
bunch of people who will never tell you what they really think.  I don't
know about him, but I need people to be real with me, sometimes that
means a comforting word, sometimes that may  mean saying take a time
out, cool off, don't say words in anger that you can never take back.
Real friends know how to speak the truth, and they know how to do it
with love.

Wouldn't it be better for us all, if we could be real with other, and
admit we had problems, I don't know all the answers, but I know who
does, He is bigger than my fears,stronger than what can happen tomorrow,
and He is not lessened by my admission of weakness.

Rhonda