ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:22:16 -0600
Angel,

the insurance has to be listed in the primary driver's name.  That means,
your child.  this, unfortunately, makes insurance way more expensive for
blind people with sighted children who drive.  If they are driving and get a
ticket, they are responsible, by law, because it is their name listed as the
primary driver.  I bought the cars for our kids, and often, before they got
jobs, paid for the insurance.  They paid for the tickets.  Unless they were
broke at the time and then, of course, I did.  Dumb, I know, but I did
anyhow.  Once they turned 18 years of age, all bets were off and they paid
for everything.  Thank the Lord I don't own any cars any longer.

Phil.