ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vicki and The Rors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:40:16 -0600
Hi, Jen,

Some thoughts come to mind here.  So I apologize in advance if I get long
winded in my rambling.

I can understand why you might feel hurt that people think the devil will
win.  And I'm sorry for any hurt caused.  In the end, what ever decision you
guys make is ultimately between you two and the Lord.  Certainly nobody
doubts your word of vowing to one another to remain pure while living
together before marriage, if that's what you choose to do.  On the other
hand, just something to point out, I don't think Christians who marry one
another marry each other intending to break their wedding vows; not the ones
they make before one another, in front of God and everybody.  And how often
do we see infidelity and divorce even among christians.  And that's in the
marriage itself.  Generally a couple marry intending to be true to one
another til death due us part.

I know no one here intended to cause you extra worry or pain.  As is pretty
much true on this list and has been for a long time, people love you here
and are expressing honest, genuine concern.

If any of us put something out for discussion, here, including me, we can't
always control the responses that come back to us whether we agree with them
or disagree.  Remember that there are those here who by experience, both
good and bad, share their counsel, and are qualified to do so.  It's very
easy when in love to be very vulnerable emotionally.  That can be a good
thing too.  This isn't the first time this topic has come up on this list
where people have had to make choices about living together before marriage
given their individual circumstances and I doubt it will be the last.  I'm
not saying that your situation isn't unique, but it appears more often than
you think, especially when it is the more common day practice for people to
live together from both christians and non-christians.  And it's accepted in
the world.

So, go to the Lord and ask him what he thinks.  He'll show you if you allow
him.  And I know that you will.  Your heart is tender toward him.

I had a pastor once who when he taught, and he used to teach on some pretty
controversial things, he always said, eat the fish and spit out the bones.
So if there have been any bones in our counsel offered here among the fish,
hopefully they are soft ones, just spit them out.  But know our hearts are
in the right direction.  Jen, we want to see you get absolutely God's best
for you before and after your marriage.

We're excited with and for you.  And we're praying with and for you.

Blessings,
Vicki