ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2006 11:58:18 -0600
Kathy,

The opposites of wives?  That is an interesting question.  That's not what I
was thinking.  I am guessing, because I only know you from email, that you
may, I say may, be a more strong willed person.  I know it probably appears
I am such myself, based upon things I say as I hide behind a keyboard, but I
am not strong willed.  Sandy is and that is, quite frankly, what attracted
me to her.  Well, there were one or two other things but I won't go there.
She was also giving drum lessons and I was trying to learn how to play the
drums as a senior in high school.  She is a much older woman than I am and
was working as a medical transcriptionist for a local hospital at the time
but did the drum lessons for extra money.  I never got my drum lessons.  I
did get something else, three children, but all those came years later, of
course.  In short, I was attracted to her because of her strong will,
something her mom and dad should have spanked out of her when she was
little, but I'm sort of glad they didn't now, haw.  Oh, how much older is
she?  Two and a half years.  My kids, when they were little, always had
trouble understanding that their mom was older than their dad.  Finally,
trying to explain it one day, I said, well, they say TV was invented in 1950
so your mother was born a year before television and your dad was born two
years after television.  Sandy has never forgiven me to this day for that
simple, child like, explanation.  Of course, TV was around many years before
that but the popular year for it was 19 fifty.  So, Kathy, does this let me
out of the dog house or not?

Phil.