ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2006 09:05:42 -0400
Well Guys,
	We had Chris over for dinner again last night.  It was our last
chance to have the whole family together for a while, with Matt
leaving for Michigan on Monday morning.  Everything was very
peaceful, but Chris's life still has a lot of turmoil  in it.  He
will be moving out of his current living situation on Monday to
another place where, hopefully, he will be living by himself.  He's
still in the Life program so many of his living expenses are still covered.
	The roommate that he had been with, along with the roommate's girl
friend, baby and cat, just ended up being a really messy
situation.  In fact, this roommate was supposed to be evicted for
violating the program's conditions back on May 15, but evidently, the
program doesn't have much teeth, because nothing has changed.  The
girlfriend has accused Chris of stealing and has even called his
place of work, to accuse him of stealing movies and so forth from the
store.  I don't know what the truth is.  I'm not foolish enough to
think that my dear sweet Christopher is totally innocent in all
things.  I'd like to believe that, but I know better.
	Before Chris went home last night, he came into my bedroom to say
goodbye.  I took his hand and asked him if I could pray with him.  He
consented.  I prayed for God's blessing and for truth.  That's the
best I can do.  If Chris is innocent, then I pray that the lies will
bounce off and return to the sender.  If he really is stealing, then
I pray that God will deal with him accordingly to bring about
repentance and the righteousness in Chris that God desires to see.
	Chris also went down stairs last night to make a special effort to
say goodbye to Matt.  There's another relationship that really needs
some healing.  Matt put up with a lot while he and Chris roomed
together in our old moble home and Matt isn't usually too anxious to
see Chris when he comes over.  I know that Matt is a bit nervous
about this job out in Michigan.  It's only a summer job.  After that,
he has no clue if he will come back to Maine or try to stay out
there.  I know that this is all part of growing up.  I'm doing my
best to keep my mouth shut, unless asked, or ask if I can offer
advice before just blurting it out.  It's hard to be more grown up
and see answers, yet respect the fact that my adult children need to
learn from their own mistakes, as I did.
	Please pray for Matt as he heads out this Monday.  We are praying
that his relationship with the Lord will really grow this
summer.  Please pray for Chris as well, that truth will out and that
God's justice will be satisfied.

Thanks bunches,
Kathy