ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ned Benton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:12:51 -0400
I appreciate the posts that you all have made about "really friends".  The
comments that you and Kathy have made, Vinny, have made me think a bit more
about it.  It seems to me that a true friend is hard to come by and not many
of us have more than two or three in a life time.  Right now, I don't know
of one very dear and close friend that I have.  I have many acquaintances
with whom I am friendly but we are not really close friends who shar
everything.  I have had a couple of those in my lifetime.  There are a few
people in our congregation with whom I am relatively close but not a friend
I could call on any time for anything. However, that doesn't keep us from
being real friends to others.  Just thinking out loud.

Ned