ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
April Stahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:55:05 -0400
Well, things are getting more and more interesting around here.  Dave has
been sick.  Dad has been really super-forgetful and angry.  Penny wants the
car.
Okay, today the Alzheimers Foundation is coming for a home assessment.
Friday the care giver consultation group comes, and next week the passport
application
people come.  Penny goes back to Springfield on May 5.  Mama Jean is filing
for divorce and is giving dad the car he rants and raves about.  He fixates
on her bleep worthless son on whom she dotes, he says.  Her son, in reality,
has alzheimers disease himself and bad diabetes and lives with his son.  Her
grand daughter finally convinced her that she didn't need the car and that
it would give dad a feeling that he got something out of this whole mess.
She's
right.  Mama Jean can't really afford the gas and insurance and probably
won't drive much if she keeps it.  Her diseases are really causing her
problems
now.  Dad has stopped wandering so much and is less agitated at night but
has spels of hot anger and depression during the day that come as quickly as
they
go.  He kept giving me fifty dollar bills today saying he knew there was
something he wanted to give me out of his wallet but he couldn't remember
what
it was.  I have them all put away and won't touch them.  Penny is a sound
sleeper, sleeps with the tv on and her oxygen concentrater runs all night.
She
thinks she's gonna stay here for 100 dollars a month, run a car, and the
whole shabang on her SSI pension.  She has TIA's and she wants to sleep in
the
basement so she can have her privacy, yet I'm the one who wakes up with dad
in the night because David can't hear, she's doped up on sleeping pills etc.
She had the nerve to tease me about my snoring when I fell asleep in the
chair tonight.  Aint life grand?  The fun just begins.

There is so much I can say, but i know this.  I love my husband.  He's a
smart man and he has given me some great ideas.  I'm not so sure it is my
dad that
is the big stress factor here, but Penny.  Penny is really nice and I
believe she has tried to change, but without Christ as the center of her
life, it
aint gonna happen.  So here I am, journalling of sorts, but sharing with the
ones I love most.  Feel free to write.

Dad is starting to get fussy about the house because he is a neatnick, and
Penny is on my case about getting somebody to come in to clean the house.
Our house isn't dirty, it is just cluttered.  We had to move massive amounts
of stuff before he came and I wasn't release to work yet, so I couldn't do a
lot of lifting.

Dad is lost today.  Says he has nowhere to go and doesn't know what to do.
We reassure him that he is all right with us, but he isn't sure where he
wans to go.  So on and on the explanations go.  I'm trying really hard to
trust my sister, but I am worried about her health, too, and what
liabilities Dave and I will face if something goes wrong with her.  Oh, if
you could just continue to pray for Dave and me, we'd appreciate it so much.

Where does my dad stand with God?  I don't really know.  Sometimes he seems
as if he believes and sometimes he doesn't.  Dad's brother is a believer
though and his daughter.  Penny and Dad are both surrounded by Christians,
so we'll see what happens.  I keep holding on to the truth that God is in
control, but then I keep stressing out privately so nobody will see.  Where
is my faith here?  Why do I do this?

Well, now ya have it.
Thanks for listening.
 April Stahl