ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2007 07:08:31 -0400
Okay, Brad,
	Since you liked the stick about the food and fuel, how about a log
discussing our environmental policies which are destroying our
country.  Our environmental policies are the main reason that forest
fires are so bad because they refuse to allow the dead brush to be
cleared away.  You mentioned earlier that Bush is considering selling
off our national parks to improve our highways?  ?Forget it.  It will
never happen.  The environmentalists would crucify him in the press
if he did and right now, he's looking for a legacy, not a
crucifixion.  The reason that we cannot be self sufficient in fuel
and energy is because the environmentalists won't let us build
refineries or explore other energy sources.  Instead of us subduing
and caring for the earth, we are being ruled by some who wish to
worship the earth and rid it of people altogether.  Now, before
anyone gets bent out of shape on my stand, I will tell you that I am
an avid recycler.  I recycle everything from paper to tin.  I
compost.  I'm lucky if I can scrape together one bag of garbage to go
in our local land fill per week, so I'm not talking about running
rough shod over the earth and destroying it because I'm a person and
have a right to do so, but I understand what my God given
relationship is supposed to be with the earth and worshiping it at
the cost of man's life isn't it.

	We see in all of this how man is getting it backwards.  We love the
earth above people.  We think that compassion is letting people come
into our space and bring their filthiness with them instead of
insisting that they learn how to do better.  We let them worship
whatever they want instead of teaching them about Christ because to
do so would appear judgmental and that would be cruel.  Why isn't
letting them die in sin and ignorance and squaller seen as
cruel.  It's all about how things appear and not about truth and
reality any more.  America has become shallow, where Paris Hilton's
suffering in prison is more important than those who are really
suffering from poverty and injustice.  On top of all that, the church
has lost its voice.  It has the answer to all this, but is too timid
to speak out.

	Just one more thing, you're lucky that barbicuing hasn't been ban in
Wisconsin, as it has in either Denmark, or Norway, I can't remember
which, but as long as you're doing it, have a bratt for me.  Man I
miss those things.

Kathy