ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 20:25:25 -0600
Amy,

I will pray. And, as usual I have a hard time not trying to speak what
might be an obvious thing to me sitting outside of the situation and
not  distracted by detail,  and unfortunately on the other side of the coin
not knowing all the detail so it needs to be only considered. But, I'd not
give up your work experience time. You may do so, find out it did no good
and resent your parents for not doing your will  in light of your
sacrifice.  Your parents, as much as you love them, and want them to stay
together, please know you cannot be a mediator to save their union, or
worse a sacrifice. Not that you shouldn't try to speak encouragement for
them to work things out if opportunity arises, but you cannot put your life
on hold because of it. Trust me if you get in that habit, putting your life
on hold for others or even your own issues that come up, you will tread
water. I'm sorry you are having to go through this, as well your parents
having to go through this. It seems senseless and uneeded and the truth is,
it is.

Brad