ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ned Benton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 21:09:40 -0500
Our preacher was preaching a series of sermons on "storm of life" in the
month of January.  It was a very interesting series too all about how, we as
Christians, react in times of trouble or the storms of life.  Anway, last
Sunday he was to preach on the calm after the storm.  On Saturday night of
last week, January 29, our church caught on fire.  Someone passing by the
church saw the fire beginning and call 9 1 1.  Anyway, today we had our
meeting in the Family Life Center (gym) and were blessed to have it.  There
was a lot more damage than first thought and now they are saying that it
will probably be about five months before we are able to get back into the
building.  We had such a wonderful spirit in the service today and I
couldn't help but feel that God is using this to draw us together.  Too, I
believe that all are more aware of the need for the church to really be on
fire for the Lord.  Maybe God needed to get our attention.  In our daily
Bible reading this past week, I read in Job 2 where his wife was telling him
to "curse God and die'.  It really sttood out to me what Job said to her.

Job 2:10
    10 He replied, "You are talking like a foolish [
woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not troubl

I will accept His good and I will accept trouble because I know hIm and know
that "all things work together for good to those who love the Lord and are
called according to His purpose"  Rom. 8:28

Praise Him!!

Ned
e?"