ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 08:26:17 -0500
Vicki,
If I may respond, I believe that the church can often be a more difficult
place because it is more targeted by the devil and because the stakes are
higher.  If you get together with a friend over a beer in the world, the
goal is simply to have a good time and help each other keep from getting
board.  In the church, the stakes are life and death and dealing with
sin.  I was shocked at Keith's admonition that his nonChristian
aquaintences are church, just without Christ.  Is the girl friend the same
as the bride? Isn't  Christ  the point?  That's a big difference!!   Would
his nonChristian friends die for him?  I haven't read all of the responses
yet, but I am amazed from what I have read, how much of the criticism
sounds like, "I get nothing out of it."   Is that the point of church?  I
thought that it was supposed to be what we can give.  God is the Audiance
after all.
Kathy