ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:43:42 -0500
Trying to catch up on email and all.

April. If ever an icon of persistence and faith in the midst of
difficulties were to exist , you are it. I pray the new meds are successful
and you heal and continue to bring hope to your clients. You are a quote,
gift to us all.

Phil . Phil .   Phil . What can one say after your regaling us with images
of underwear, thin spots and guys in drag? hahaha. Actually I had a similar
dream once, not as a cross dressed comedian or anything of the sort, but
that of having heard or made up jokes in my sleep. In fact I woke myself up
laughing outloud rather heartily. That has got to be one of the most
pleasant ways of waking up, to a good healthy chuckle. I too remembered in
my dream that I got to remember them, in fact I kind of did but then forgot
shortly after I woke. Praying your sleep is restful, your tests come back
with something to remedy your reason for going in the first place,  and the
dresses stay  on Sandy's side of the closet. Speaking of stand up
comedians. I remember once at a national blind organization's
annual  convention. I was standing in a long line waiting to get in the
display room of all the latest gizmos. While standing there I kept hearing
the guy behind me telling these horrific corny jokes. You know? The kind
you'd come home and tell your parents when you were about five. Something
like "What do you get when you mix a hummingbird and a telephone? A hum
dinger. Well as I tuned in out of boredom and to be honest a laugh at not
the jokes but the seriousness this man was telling them as they were
original hot material. I noticed he was sitting down while everyone else
was standing and moving as the line moved ahead. He would sit, get up, move
his lil chair, and sit down. Finally I asked him what he did, and he told
me he was a stand up comedian. Snickering under my breath while holding a
straight face remembering the jokes I heard, I asked him why he was sitting
down and moving his chair and etc. he then proceeded to tell me that he had
issues with his feet or legs and couldn't stand much. Perhaps a bit wrong,
but I then turned around, let him carry on, barraging the poor gent behind
me with his lil cute jokes, and nearly wet myself telling a friend I met
there of this stand up comedian who couldn't stand up and couldn't tell a
funny joke. I'll probably see him on the comedy channel or something
someday and that'll show me eh?

Pat, I pray your little issue is better and you have peace and joy. One
thing I've learned in this life is nothing is worth worrying about. Concern
and wisdom are good tools, but worry is a tool of the enemy. No worry, God
will take care of you.

Paulette, I suppose you are quite busy, and working through your recent
loss. I pray for God's comfort and peace and protection for you. Words are
little comfort, but it sometimes helps to know others have also shared
similar losses.

Kathy? Well Kathy will not read this because she is out having a good time
vacationing while we aren't. So I could probably take the opportunity to
tease her about something... but I won't. God bless  your vacation and when
you read this you hopefully can look back on a great and restful time.

Ned. What can I say but I sure look forward to your posts as you have such
a tender and positive hart. How is your driver making out?

Rhonda, I pray things are going well. Settling in and etc. and Ben's foot
is healing up. I bet it feels good to be back in Georgia air and your
family all back together. Hope school plans are working out for you.

Vicki, You too are looking at classes again aren't you? I pray your
situation with your job and voice health works out well. God's timing isn't
always ours but hindsight always shows just how plain of a plan it was.

Chris, do not worry about doing your bride wrong, trust me, you will. And
she will forgive you, and you forgive her when she does you wrong, and all
the while you will learn more about each other, and all the while it is
those times which you find difficult, you will notice they were also your
times of most growth and sealing a greater bond with your spouse. Do what
God said regarding husband and wife relationships. After 20 years of
marriage and having been with my wife a total of 23 years, I can honestly
say, you have got a lot to learn about your bride, I'm still learning from
time to time, not as often, but moments do occur.

Lelia, hope you are feeling better. We'll have glorified bods in heaven so
there'll be no sneezing because there'll be no need for anyone to say "God
bless you" as he'll already have done that. Sounds like your man is
learning a very important lesson in marriage, especially a newlywed, to
leave and cleave Leave one's family, mom, ad, brother, sister, and cleave
to the other half of his flesh, you.

Helen, John, Vic me man, Cecily , Steph, Blake, Grant if you are still
about, Stanley, good to se you post, as well Deb Kroll, Charlie, Michael,
Joseph, Julie, Peggy, Sandy and anyone my pea brain has missed It is always
good to see your posts and God bless you.

Brad