ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2006 13:44:25 -0600
Yes, I know.  We generally think in terms of asking God for good things,
needed things, things we have a desire for.  Don't forget the fig tree.  So,
we have these new neighbors.  They have been moving in for the last two
weeks at night.  Yep, at night and sometimes at 3 in the morning.  They
likewise are moving into a basement apartment next door in a house.  The
lady who lives upstairs next door in this house is a doper friend of
Gretchen's.  Ain't we having fun now.  The other night, these people, at
midnight, my youngest son was watching from his house and around the edge of
a corner so they could not see him, crossed the street, we live on a 4 lane
main busy north south street, and from the parking lot of the church across
the street, picked up, and dragged, these long metal pipes, yes, literally
dragged them, across the street, up the driveway, and down into their
basement apartment.  The other night, around 1 in the morning, they turned
on something that sounded like a super loud vacuum sweeper for two hours.
Gretchen asked me if I heard it and I said no but I told her it was probably
their ventilation system for their meth lab.  So, if you think about it,
pray the fig tree dries up and bears no fruit.  Or, you might, pray they get
arrested.  Moving comes to mind as well.  Praying for death is another
possibility but I'm not that desperate yet.  I have prayed, however, for
people to be removed but you likely wouldn't believe it of me.  Remember
what Jesus did when he found the fig tree without fruit?  He went right into
Jerusalem and into the temple and began tossing tables and animals and
people out the windows.  Man, I would have loved to have seen that deal.
What a church service.  That was probably one the Kathy was running.

Phil.

Has He Ever Crossed Your Mind?
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com