ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:32:06 -0500
Amen.

Brad

on 09:42 AM 7/21/2005, virgie underwood said:
Angel,
When I was attending a Catholic church, they use to have a Sunday morning
breakfast.
There is a school attached to the church, but still, we had breakfast and
there were soft drink machines there also.
My point is that Catholics and Protestants both are doing the same thing.
I have a big enough job taking care of my business and keeping my nose
clean that I do not have time to worry about those small things.
When we meet Jesus face to face, he will know what is in our hearts and I
do not believe that we will be judged by whether we are drinking soft
drinks from the vending machine, or drinking coffee from a coffee pot.
I believe we will be judged according to what is in our hearts, and how we
have treated our each other.
Just my thoughts.
Blessings to all!
Virgie At 08:48 AM 7/21/2005, you wrote:

 >I know Christian people who are gluttons as well.  Just look at all the
fat
 >people in the  church.  Do I judge them?  Gluttony is a sin according to
St
 >Paul.  The body is the temple of the holy spirit and I know Christians
who
 >drink soft drinks.  If a soft drink can clean the porcelain off a toilet
 >bole I know I wouldn't want to drink it.  I even went to a Christian
church
 >where there was a soft drink machine in the basement of the church of
all
 >things.  The take drugs as well.  They are always drinking caffeine.  I
say
 >that to say this just what is a good witness.  I really don't think we
can
 >really say what is a good witness for Christ when there are so many
 >Christian hypocrites around who do not practice what they preach. There
are
 >a lot of male female room mates who aren't either having sex together or
 >contemplating marriage.  If people are basing their relationship with
Christ
 >on merely looking at how people around them live and not on their
personal
 >relationship with Christ they will be building their house on shifting
sands
 >and it will fall.      ----- Original Message -----

LORD,
 > > and on his law he meditates day and night.
 > >
 > > Notice the progression of "walk", "stand" and "sit" it cannotes a
gradual
 > > decline if allowed to entertain the ideals of ideals working against
the
 > > law or God's Word.
 > >
 > > I saw a message somewhere about if one gives in to a principle as
such
 > > now, how that might affect futre decisoins and ect. I agree. What
would
 > > make  a couple stronger, living together because of life's
circumstances
 > > or arranging other means until that day when no holds are preventing
 > > couple of living as a married one.
 > >
 > > Brad
 > >
 > >
 > >
 > > on 02:47 AM 7/21/2005, Angel said:
 > > I agree with you.  It seems Christians today think the devil is bound
 > > win
 > > in every situation.  I think if you do live together without falling
in to
 > > sin it will prove to you more than anything else your love for each
other
 > > is
 > > not based on mere physical attraction but instead is a heavenly godly
love
 > > which will last through the years.  It will also serve as a testament
of
 > > your commitment to god's precepts.  I will pray that you be constant
in
 > > this
 > > commitment which I know you will and that your marriage will last as
long
 > > as
 > > the firm foundation on which it will be built which is Christ.

God
 > > and
 > >  > each other that sex will not occur until marriage, then why is
living
 > >  > together a sin?  We are not intimate until then.  I understand
about
 > >  > temptation but that's when you pray every day that God keeps you
 > > strong.
 > >  >
 > >  > Our situation is unique and it's not like we haven't prayed about
 > > it.  I
 > >  > guess I'm just hurt because everyone seems to think that just
because
 > > we're
 > >  > going to be living together the devel is going to win.  God is the
only
 > > one
 > >  > in control.  Is this our ideal situation?  no.  I've been through
too
 > > much
 > >  > in the past to know what temptation can do to someone... and i...
or
 > > yet
 > >  > we... will not break our vow before god.
 > >  >
 > >  > Jenifer Barr.
 > >  > When the trumpet blows... I'm outta here!
 > >  > AIM: jenibear1998
 > >  > msn
by  compromising
> [...]
 > > thing
 > >  > > that
 > >  > > I am learning about our heavenly Father is that he is extremely
 > > creative
 > >  > > in
 > >  > > the solution department.  We often miss it because we get so
stuck in
 > >  > > thinking that the only solutions available to us are the ones
that we
 > > can
 > >  > > see and we shut the door on His creativity.  This is a
test.  This is
 > > only
 > >  > > a test.  The question is, will you trust Him and wait for His
 > > solution
 > > and
 > >  > > timing or will you continue to see with earthly eyes only what
is
 > >  > > possible.  Good luck on your adventure.  He is faithful.  Your
task
 > > is
 > >  > > remain patient and at peace!  GRIN!
 > >  > > Kathy
 > >  > >
 > >  > >
 > >  > >
 > >  > > At 05:17 PM 7/18/2005, you wrote:
 > >  > >>Hi all.  As most of you know, i am getting married in
november.  I
 > > found
 > >  > >>out
 > >  > >>today from work that they want me to transfer in the beginning
of
 > > august.
 > >  > >>I
 > >  > >>can't tell them i won't transfer then because it is the end of
our
 > > fiscal
 > >  > >>year august 31 and i could forfit my job.  Problem is though,
that my
 > >  > >>fiancee and I decided that to save money... if i had to move in
 > > september
 > >  > >>or
 > >  > >>october we would just live together until the wedding.  We both
don't
 > >  > >>really
 > >  > >>like the idea but it's like we have no choice.  I don't know
what to
 > > do.
 > >  > >>I'm so confused... i don't know what is right and wrong.  Both
my
 > > fiancee
 > >  > >>and I are born-again Christians, we will in no way have sex
before
 > >  > >>marriage
 > >  > >>so if we made/make that pledge to god is living together before
 > > marriage
 > >  > >>sin?  Is it wrong?  And what do i do if it is?  I know of other
 > > christian
 > >  > >>couples who have lived together before marriage.  I am just so
 > > scattered
 > >  > >>right now.  Please pray for clarity for me?  And above all, pray
Gods