ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 12:46:23 -0600
I should have told you what I actually dreamed about during the sleep study
experience because it is by far the weirdest dream I have ever had in my
life.  Now, I am not making this up.  This is the truth.  I'm sure you know
that most of our dreams take place during the R E M or Rapid Eye Movement
phase of sleep.  This often occurs during the few hours before you awaken in
the morning but it happens throughout the night, too, in many people.  We
just don't remember most of what we dream.  So, sometime between about 5 and
6 this morning, I took little cat naps.  I dreamed during one of these times
and you won't believe what I dreamed.  Now listen.  I am not making this up.
I am not trying to be funny.  This was exactly what I dreamed.  I dreamed I
was a male comedian who dressed up in female clothing during his act.  I
dreamed I lived in a run down apartment with lots of cockroaches, and other
wild animals, in the middle of Harlem, New York.  A white boy, who dresses
in female drag, is a stand up comedian, who lives in the middle of Harlem.
I thought that was funny myself.  During the dream, I was not on stage but I
was working on a new act.  That is, I was dreaming up new jokes.  I thought
of several and put them down on paper.  I even thought they were funny at
the time but after awakening, I couldn't remember a single joke.  Shoot,
that makes me mad because they were funny, too.  So I am really glad their
big computer was unable to record what I was dreaming.  I was tempted to
tell the lady about it, though, but figured she would make a phone call and
have me transported to the psych hospital so I let that one go.  I still
think it was a funny dream.  I must have been mighty poor at what I did for
a living based upon where I lived.  I remember laughing at some of my own
jokes during the dream and even thinking I need to remember them when I
awaken so I can tell others what they were.  Talk about weird.

Phil.