ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 18:39:53 -0800
I think the same kinds of things can be said (and probably are said) about
the Internet.  I think rather than throwing the whole thing out, we need to
explore, and teach our children to explore, what kinds of messages a given
program is sending.  Maybe something like, "Why was that rabbit in the
cartoon so mean to the other rabbits?"  Or "Even though it's sad the little
girl got all those burns in the fire in her house that her daddy set to
kill her mommy, does that mean she'll never be happy again?"  (Just making
up plots here.)  Then we can talk about what we've seen on TV and how it
relates to our lives and what we can do differently, instead of being angry
and sad and hating people, etc.  Just some thoughts.

Peggy

mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~kernsac
MSN Messenger [log in to unmask]