ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:25:52 -0700
I called Carol today.  She got a new computer and just started using it
today.  However, Carol isn't feeling well.  She has a bad cough and as had
it for several weeks.  She went on some new medication for her back pain a
few weeks ago and it has helped but it also causes her to sleep more.  They
have looked at another house, what they call a bungalow, or what sounds like
maybe what we might call condominiums or something like that.  It would save
them a fortune in monthly rent because this place would allow them
government matching funds.  Unfortunately, it is smaller than what they have
now and what they have now is already too small for them.  Plus, the other
location needs a number of repairs which the government would have to do for
them before they could move in and Carol says they normally don't like doing
that.  There was also some sort of a mishap with Mike and his guide dog on
the way home one day and somebody called it in to the dog school that Mike
kicked his dog.  Of course he did no such thing but those of you who are dog
users know how common it is for people to make such erroneous phone calls.
They have to have a meeting with someone from the school but I forgot to ask
her today when that was coming up.  Anyhow, you might pray about these
things.  Carol sounded terrible today, her voice I mean, and after we talked
for awhile, it cleared up but then she began coughing again and it sounded
hoarse again before we hung up.  She has been so busy with so many things
that she just has not had time to be on echurch lately.  I wish I could tell
you more but some day Carol will tell you the entire story.  Carol is a
walking miracle right now but as we all know, the devil doesn't like
miracles.  So just pray for Carol and Mike.  I don't believe they will be
coming to the states in late May as they had earlier thought so it likely
will be later in the year.

Phil.