ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2008 17:53:57 -0700
Here it is.  My all time, bar none, funniest joke I have ever heard.  I read
it several times a year just so I don't forget.

     Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson go on a camping trip, set
up their tent, and fall asleep.  Some hours later, Sherlock
Holmes awakens his faithful friend.  "Watson, look up at the sky
and tell me what you see.

     Watson quickly replies, "I see millions of stars."

     "What does that tell you?" Holmes prompts.

     Watson ponders momentarily before speaking.  "Astronomically
speaking it tells me their are millions of galaxies and
potentially billions of planets.  Astrologically speaking it
tells me that Saturn is in Leo.  Time wise it appears to be a
quarter past three.  Theologically, it is evident that the Lord
is all powerful and we are small and insignificant.
Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.
What does it tell you Mr. Holmes?"

     Holmes is silent for a moment then speaks.  "Watson, you
idiot!  Someone has stolen our tent."