ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ned Benton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:47:18 -0400
First let me say welcome to Jeremy.  We are happy to have you on the list
and look forward to getting to know you.  I know you will enjoy being part
of this christian family.
Angel, my question would be then "who can know that they won't sin"?  The
bible tell us to "
"flee the devil and he will flee from you" "draw nigh to God and He will
draw nigh to you".  Already mentioned this morning,  Paul says to "avoid the
very appearance of evil".  To live together before marriage is like someone
volenteerily enter the lion's den to be with an animal that he knows will
eat him alive.  It is a dangerous situation for the both of you and a
weakened witness to those around you.  I see no reason why anyone, any
minister, would not want to marry you in a situation like this to help you
maintain your purity and your relationship with the Lord.  Another scripture
that comes to mind is, "with men some things are impossible but with God all
things are possible.  This is not a situation without solution.  It might be
a little difficult to work out but you cna do it and God will honor it.
Please take what I am saying in the manner I offerit...as a loving brother
who has you best at heart.
may God truly bless you two as you move forward preparing to spend the rest
of your lives together.

Ned