ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 10:55:49 -0700
Kathy,

With Chris still a minor, there is no easy way of doing anything but even if
he weren't a minor, it still is difficult.  I cannot explain how I turned
Gretchen over to the Lord, although I have written about it, and there
certainly is no formula to follow.  If you need to know more, the Lord will
show you, Kathy, so I wouldn't worry about it.  It is good that Chris is
using you and his dad as a focus for his anger.  That alone offers some
clues but it is possible he is doing that because it is really himself he is
angry at.  These people that are working with him now are no fly by nighters
so let's trust they find something meaningful that helps him begin to
understand his anger.  I am not trying to be vague about turning him over to
the Lord because even if a person does that, the ache in your heart for your
child, regardless of their age, is still there.  Again, it sounds like you
and Greg have done all that you can do.  If there's more to do, the Lord
will let you know.  Fortunately, Chris is not far from 18 and many kids end
up discovering that living with old ma and pa ain't so bad after all when
they learn their friends have no place to live either.  Tough talk is cheap
when you are broke.  Just keep doing what you are doing, Kathy, unless the
Lord shows you otherwise.  I'm sorry you guys have to go through this but
you'll learn things spiritually that you likely would not learn any other
way.

Phil.