ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:44:14 -0500
He would be saved because he, in his unaltered, sound state of mind, made a
conscious decision to  accept Christ as his savior. As for which part
is  renewed or born again, of course it is the spirit part of our being. It
certainly isn't the body as it, if left to it's own design, would desire
anything that makes it feel good no matter if it is right or wrong, good or
bad for it. As for the mind, that too has a tendency to drift to it's own
current. Paul, in Romans shows this pretty plainly. It is the spirit which
guides the soul/mind/body and not either of them to guide the spirit.

Brad

Phil Scovell wrote:
>All great answers so far and I agree but why would the amnesic person still
>be saved?  Yes, the Father knows him even if he doesn't know himself any
>more. Also, good point Julie made about people who are born again and get
>Alzheimer's and perhaps forget they are saved.  Ok, ok.  I'll give you a
>hint.  If you believe we are created body, Soul, and spirit, although some
>people believe the soul and body are one of the same, but it makes no
>difference if you believe we are created a dichotomy or trichotomy, which of
>the parts gets created anew or born again?
>
>Phil.

Brad

   Nothing else ruins the truth like stretching it