ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandy Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:46:02 -0700
I will probably get my hands slapped for this, but regarding Gretchen, the
pastor's wife where she was in the women's recovery home, wanted Gretchen to
be accountable to her when she left the home.  Gretchen asked her if she
could spend some time with her after she was out of the home.  The past'r's
wife said she would have to think about that and pray about that, as she was
very busy.  So then, a month later, this lady in the church, was supposed to
spend time with her.  Gretchen went to find this lady today after they had
set up an appointment, and she was no where to be found.  It would seem to
me (just an old Iowa farm girl) that if a pastor's wife wanted you to be
accountable to her that she would have time to spend with you and that she
would realize, especially in their type of ministry, that Gretchen might
need some extra encouragement.  I know this will probably ruffle some
feathers, but I just can't see that this is right.  I guess I am just too
practical.  I instructed Gretchen that she has her family and many people
don't even have that.  I think she is very disheartened now that she could
not find this other lady in the church.

Sandy