ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 22:59:42 -0600
Just a few things which I will group together in one message.
First off, we heard from the wife's best friend from highschool last night
and a young girl in her family just succumbed to leukemia.  The funeral was
today.
She was 4 years old.
The mother did something which is really kind of normal if you think of it.
It's just that you don't think of a young child dying that way.
The death was expected of course but anyway, she died at home and the mother
bathed and washed her hair and brushed her hair and such.  I suppose it was
the last time she would be able to care for her little girl and she wanted
to do it.
So, keep this baby's family in your prayers.  She is not suffering anymore
and has gone to be with the lord but it is hard for those left behind.  She
had a 3 year old sibling.  Not sure if it is a brother or sister.

An elder in our church is going in tomorrow to have a heart defect repaired.
He is in his fifties and it is to be done tomorrow and released on Friday so
as serious as it sounds, seems pretty routine.
He is a wood worker so I took him one of my cars as a get well present this
evening.

On a lighter note,
It had to happen sometime.
And tonight, after church we went up and ate dinner at a restaurant.  The
cart acted funny when we got there and we worried a bit about it but not a
lot we could do.
The restaurant is about 8 blocks from our house and on the way home, the
batteries ran out.
It was about 3 or 4 blocks from the house and I had the pleasure of pushing
it the rest of the way.
I am getting old.
It about killed me but we made it to the edge of the driveway and I was able
to run an extension cord out to it and charge it enough to get it up the
drive and into the garage.  Tomorrow it gets a full charge.  It was about 3
days over do or more so it was my fault but we hadn't been going anywhere
much lately so I figured we were ok.
What an adventure.

Take Care,
Matt