ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 17:38:10 -0600
Hi Kathy.
I am sorry to hear that your son is still having problems or that you are
still having problems with your son.
Whatever it is.
Who are the people you spoke of who are staying with you?
What lead up to your son's going to this place and what is this place?
I am glad you are getting a chance to step back from the situation.
It is not necessary for you to talk to him on a regular basis is it?
In fact, if you are removed from his life for a while, it may be good for
him.
If he doesn't have you to beat up on, or to draw reactions from, he may have
to deal with other things?
I do know that an encouragement given in the parenting teachings we have
studied is that you are not to look at current behavior in your children and
think that this is the end result of your parenting.
I think it is proverbs that says "Raise up a child in the way they should go
and when they mature, they will not depart to it.
This means that parenting is eventual.  All of the things you do as a parent
are not expected to show immediate results and someday, if given the correct
raising, your child can be what you had hoped for.
Pray the things you want from your son and leave it in God's hands.
You are just a human being and so he is and you can't expect a lot from
human beings.
Your life can be very depressing if you expect too much from humans.
That's a hard lesson I am still learning.
People can not be god to you.
Only god can do that.

Matt

It takes a devoted and thinking craftsman to build a barn.
However, it only takes one stubborn angry jackass to kick it down.