ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 26 May 2012 22:47:59 -0400
Perhaps I was.  My parents did and God always does  what is in my best
interest.  They will never at all steer me wrong or cause me to be led
astray.  I have failed both my parents, and God in many ways.  Because I am
not perfect by any means.  But, always I have suffered because of my
disobedience to both my parents and God.  Such suffering was meant to teach
me the foolishness of my stubbornness and my lack of faith and sense.
All of my problems are brought on myself by my lack of willingness to follow
the will of either my parents when I was a child or Gods will for me today.
I will suffer in direct proportion to my lack of wisdom in being able to
submit to God in allowing him to have his way in my life.  Or if I ever
suffer physically through no fault of my own I will assume that too is the
will of God.  Perhaps I might be able to learn from such suffering.  In any
case, God will bring me through the suffering a stronger person.  Job is my
role model.  If I can believe as did he in Gods infinite wisdom.  If not, I
will suffer unnecessarily.  Because he doesn't cause us to suffer more than
we are able to bare.  Or he will end the suffering with death.  In such case
I will be with him in heaven.
So either way I will come out on top.  Why question such a loving God about
anything.  When it is clear to me, at least, he knows always what is best
for me.  I Should correct my earlier assertion that I don't pray.  If I am
unsure of a decision I ask to be directed if there are equal choices to be
made.  Or, if I don't know what choice to make.  If I make the wrong one, I
will suffer negative results.  I will just assume I failed to either wait
for a correct decision, or if I can I will retrace my steps and make another
if the opportunity presents itself.  But, I don't ask God for material
things, health,or anything else.  Because he provides those things for the
birds and flowers.  Why wouldn't he do the same for me without asking.
My parents knew fully what I needed.  What we want is temporal only.  If our
parents don't give to us what we want it is because those wants aren't good
for us to have.  God knows before we ask what we need or could want so if he
knows already what we need why ask.  It seems redundant to me.  In any case
I am happy just to be waking each morning to be able to enjoy another day.
There is nothing I want I don't have.  I am so fortunate.  If I never have
anything else in life and I die this very evening I can't say I haven't been
blessed far beyond what I deserved, or what so many others don't have.  Why
would I want to ask for anything when I can't at all think of a thing to ask
for.  It was so also with my parents.  ----- Original Message -----