ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rhonda Partain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2006 18:02:47 -0400
At first, balance wasn't  here.  I do understand that our kids do and will
have their own life, I just found the  words hurtful, it was almost as
though  one was ashamed.  I now after a few days thought, realize that it is
not wanting to be noticed.  Guess Christa wouldn't mind being noticed for
looking "hot" as they say, but  being noticed as the girl who drives around
her "MOTHEr, WHO  Is "blind and has a dog!!!!"  that's not the attention she
wants.  Lately  it is hard to  get the girls to realize that they should
contribute in some way, seems to me they come and go, only coming in to take
a shower, and eat! Leaving me with the dishes and dirty towels!!  Resentment
can brew on both sides.  It is a transition, going from  a child to an
adult, it didn't magically happen because Christa graduated, or turned 18.
There are still things she needs to learn.
One day, she will realize I was smart about some things, but for now she
knows just how her life should go, ah well! Live and learn...and sometimes
just live.
I do want to be where Ben and I can be more independent about my going to
college, and the doctor appointments he needs to attend.  If one of the
girls happens to be able to help with such things someties-great, if not, I
will be in a place where other options will be available to me.
Rhonda