ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:31:39 -0600
Good one, Brad!  And I haven't seen you in awhile!  Whaatcha been up to?

this joke reminds me of a story told by a Lutheran man, a layman, I believe.
I don't remember all details, so I'll just try to make it interesting:

When Walter was a little boy, he wanted so badly to find Jesus.  Naturally,
he thought, he'd probably find Him somewhere in the church building.  He
looked and looked in every room he was allowed to roam around in, but could
not find Him.  Finally, as a last resort, Walt decided that maybe Jesus was
in the little, forbidden room he knew about, down in the basement.  Since he
hadn't seen Jesus anywhere else, he would surely be there!  He waited
quietly until no one was looking that way, then crept carefully down the
creaky old stairs.  At the bottom, he found that room he would not otherwise
have dared to enter.  He hesitated at the door, his heart pounding in his
ears.  He just knew he'd be in big trouble if he was caught so much as
peeking inside!  But he just had to find Jesus!  Then, taking a deep breath,
Walt opened the door to the Girls' Room, and called out, "Jesus, are you in
there?"

Sharon