ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:39:58 -0700
Hello all. Is there usch a thing as spiritual abuse? I as this because an
issue occured when a child that I call abuse and wanted yor opinion on it.
    My parents took me at a very young age to a healer probably in 1979 or
early eighties because they thought I was going to die of my bone disease.
This man they told them, had the gift of discernment and that God revealed
things about the people he prayed for. This man asked me if I had spirits in
me like spirits of anger or spirits of doubt. Now mind you I was saved by
the time I was 5 years old. He then plunked his hand on my head and started
chanting leave leave to these spirits. I remember feeling really nervous but
said nohting thinking my parents knew best. the man also said maybe I'd see
soon which never happened. Well time passed, and what happened was that
people ignored me a lot, I'd get rejected often, never had friends and then
couldn't find work. Last December, I was wondering why I never could trust
God propperly, as I have a great relationship with my dad, when the above
scene was revealed to me. I remembered everything in total detail, most of
which I'd forgotten. My questions are
1. Is this or was this abuse and
2. Do you think there is any corelation between my utter inability to find
work and people ignoring me. Now please know, I dislike healing intesnely,
it scares me, the holy spirit in fact I find unnerving and never knew why.
What we think happened was that I subconsciously felt that since this guy
asked if I had all these spirits in me, the holy spirit either was no good
or thought ill of me.  to top that all off, my parents took me to these
types of things repeatedly not knowing this isn't good for a child. I hope
you don't think this is utter haracy, was very very nervous to reveal this
to anyone. Be glad for all God is planning for you. Be patient in trouble,
and always be prayerful.

                              Romans 12:12, NLT