ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2007 14:54:10 -0600
Have you ever been in a church meeting that was so spiritually
powerful, and you needed to go to the bathroom but you wouldn't
leave because you were afraid you might miss something?  I thought
I was going to explode before it was over today, literally, but I
didn't miss anything.  We had multiple prayers offered, two
prophecies from individuals to other individuals.  I didn't
realize it until now, but my back is healed so we had at least one
healing I know of personally.  We could have filled a large bath
tub with all the tears we shed together.  The Holy Spirit was that
tangible.  I cried like a baby at times and my body shook.  No, we
aren't Quakers either.  I have been in quite the struggle, as we
say, but more like a knock down, drag out freaking war for several
months.  Yesterday, Saturday was the worst day I have had for
literally months, and maybe even years.  I even got out 4 tapes on
faith, listened to them all in 24 hours, Friday night and
Saturday, and when I was done, I didn't feel any better.  In fact,
I felt worse, although, I don't know how that would be possible
but it was.  I told the Lord in the middle of the night, I was out
of answers and if He didn't explain it to me so it would apply to
me personally in my situation, and I could, in turn, explain it to
others and, most importantly, live by it myself, then I was dead
in the water.  He kept bringing back to my memory all the miracles
and acts of faith I have been apart of personally in the last five
years and saying, "See?  You used your faith in this place and it
worked."  I still wasn't getting it.  In fact, I was so desperate,
I was up until 2 this morning talking to the Lord about it all.
This morning when I got up, with in moments, before I was even
clearly awake, the Lord showed me how it works, faith that is, and
told me what to do now, regardless of the circumstances, and He
would do His part in bringing it to pass.  Sandy spoke on Abraham
taking his son Isaac up to the mountain to be sacrificed in church
today for our lesson because it had been ministering to her for
months.  The presence of the Holy Spirit was so thick in our
living room during our meeting this morning, you couldn't hardly
talk or breathe.  It was a catharsis, that is, a cleansing, a
spiritual cleansing of sorts.  I cried and so was everybody else.
John, Vicki's husband, showed up unexpectedly for his first
service since his miraculous surgery April ninth.  He cried and
gave his testimony so we all ended up crying then, too, and
everything went up hill from there.  I do mean up hill, too, and
not down hill.  I know something now I have been seeking for
literally my entire life, or since I was about 18 years old and
began Bible college as a freshman.  I can know, for the first
time, that I can live out what the Lord showed me and it is so
simple, I can show anyone else how it works and how they can do
the same thing.  I have never in my entire life been thankful for
adversity before than this morning.  I even thanked God for
putting me in this position, or at least allowing it, so I could
praise Him even more and watch Him clear a path through the
darkness in my behalf.  There were things which happened this
morning in our little group you likely will never see in a big
church no matter how many times you go.  Not because a church is
big but because their agenda is often size and not Jesus.  I told
everyone this morning that starting next Sunday, I would be
teaching and explaining the basics of the following topics.

One.  How to pray and get your prayers answered and what to do if
it seems not to be working.
Two.  How to make your faith work and what to do when it seems not
to be working.
Three.  How to confront the darkness and what to do when it
doesn't seem to be working.
Four.  How to take every thought captive and what to do when it
doesn't seem to be working.
Five.  How, and literally what, to pray to clear the air of
blockages and what to do when it seems not to be working.
Six.  How to be healed and what to do when it doesn't seem to be
working.
Seven.  The last resort you take before giving up completely and
what to do when it seems not to be working.

More will follow but this is a starter for the next few weeks.  We
claimed our new building today.  I called a real estate friend I
have known for 35 years, who helped us get our house, and he has
worked with many churches, too.  I told him to call and tell them
we want to buy the building.  I told him not to tell them that we
don't have the money but we know where to get it.  Our new address
will soon be 10 Fenton, Lakewood, Colorado which is about a mile
from my home.

Phil.