ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 07:50:17 -0500
"For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also
forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will
your Father forgive your trespasses."-- Matthew 6:14-15

This Jesus taught his disciples, believers, not those who opposed his
message; purpose;  and existence. These words just after instructing them
how to pray, and continued after these verses to instruct them on conduct
and attitudes. Despite what we've come to know as "The Lord's Prayer"
stating "and forgive us our trespass as we forgive those who trespass
against us", Jesus felt that precept needing to be blatantly noted after
the prayer. We indeed find freedom in forgiving others, but as with  the
message of the Word, "it is not about us", it in this case is about giving
grace to others, just as we've received grace unto ourselves. God knows
that we have enough trouble with that concept, that he holds our
forgiveness randsome. This indeed sounds conditional to me.

Brad