ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 22 May 2006 18:34:47 -0500
Trembling Ka'ka'ka' kathy,

The books on NLS are all formatted in brf, I believe it is probably a
smaller file, as in a zip file, to transfer and store, thus making it
easier on the servers and bandwidth,  plus I think it gives somewhat of an
additional measure of security in not having unauthorized folks getting
ahold of the files and abuse the copyright waiver, but the latter is just
my opinion. And I'll tell you from having downloaded books from bookshare,
the NLS books are perfectly scanned and edited while bookshare is not.
There are some good ones yes, but I've also gotten some I couldn't read
without getting dizzy listening to the speech ramblewordstogeteher haha,
that was ramble words together.  There are no quality controls on
bookshare but I think for the most part folks only post books that are
readable. Did that do it? anymore questions I can confuse you... help you
with.
Brad