ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:05:49 -0600
What is so very important in such things is a balance. I've seen blind
folks say they believe God wants them blind because they have not been
healed, and I've heard the opposite as you, that a lack of faith keeps you
blind. Well it is undeniable that faith is required, either that or Jesus
lied to the leprous and blind alike, as well as the woman with the issue of
blood. However, James also talks about that we will not get what we want
because of potential misuse of it. Praying to be healed and not seeing it's
immediate remedy does not constitute God willing us to be blind or sick no
more than the idea of a lack of faith keeping us so. I believe many people
default to that to reside in a safe haven because they either can't see, no
pun intended, a balance, or they can't deal with the idea of God letting us
sit where we are until we are positioned rightly for  healing to come to
fruition. I studied healing in great depth years ago, and in fact was
instantaneously healed from one visual  issue, that was amazing to me. Why
did not god heal me all the way at that point? I can't say. does that make
the healing I had null and void? Absolutely not. It showed me that he does
heal today, can and will heal me, but yes, he is sovereign and his time is
his time. That again does not constitute his will being for me to be blind.
We need to take care to not make suppositions of God's will in our life.
Just because we made a mistake in our life in an area, doesn't equate we
know how to do it right, we just know one way of not doing it in the
future. God's thoughts are much more complex than ours. I believe he does
heal today, I believe he can heal me, I believe he does want to heal me, I
believe that faith does matter, and that a lack of it is but one reason for
not having it, but it doesn't equate the reason for my blindness full stop.
There are other aspects. Did God have a plan of Moses leading God's people
out of Egypt? Yes, and was it God's will that they wander about for 40
years and then get so despondent that only the people  approximately 20
years old and younger will step into the Promised Land? No. The word says
the people limited God. Can we do the same? I believe so. So just as the
saying goes... "People look for a move of god, while God waits for a move
of people", perhaps it is us who need to line ourselves up with god and not
wait for God to line up with us. The worst that happens is we strive to be
a better child of god and remain blind until he comes to take us, or we
find our position and line up with God and he heals us and we experience
sight here and now instead of in the great by and by. When  it is all said
and done, it is God's sovereignty that has the last say. I've seen godly
people with godly people praying for them, and everything done humanly and
spiritually possible and yet they still died what we'd consider
prematurely. Somethings we just have to own up to not knowing but yet do
not toss out God's healing potential or opportunity for us. One side note.
When I studied healing years back so enthusiastically, I noticed something.
healing became my god and not God remaining my god. I began to worship his
ability and not himself as a whole.

Brad